ACCORDIONS ARE AWESOME
And here's just a FEW reasons why.
- COOL PEOPLE PLAY THEM.
- THEY'RE THE MOST STEAMPUNK INSTRUMENT.
- Rows of exciting, mysteriously unlabeled buttons/switches!
- Attached to your body with leather straps
- Full of metal levers and valves
- Powered by pumping bellows
- Impractically heavy
- THEY'RE UNIQUE !
- Unless you have some really cool friends, then you'll be the only person you know who plays one!
- INCREDIBLY VERSATILE.
- All the crunchy, textural chord power of a guitar with the music-theory ease of a keyboard.
- Dynamic volume control, baby.
- Play bass and treble lines at the same time!
- Use register switches to completely change the instrument's sound!
- Carry the sound of a pipe organ in a mobile squeezebox!
- AND you can sing along while playing! Really, what more do you want out of an instrument?
- NOBODY WILL STEAL IT.
- They're clunky, conspicuous, and unwanted by the general population.
- (Okay, they sometimes get stolen, but it's pretty easy to spot a thief.)
Back to Accordion Page